Each year Liv-ex surveys the international wine trade upon their return from tasting the new Bordeaux vintage. The survey is designed to track the consensus of opinion amongst the best professional tasters of young Bordeaux.
In summary, as voted by the Liv-ex Membership:
- Latour is the wine of the vintage.
- Grand Puy Lacoste tops the value for money category.
- Lafite was the most disappointing wine.
- The vintage scored 91 overall, the same as in 2008.
- An overwhelming majority of merchants are expecting significantly less demand than for the 2010s.
- Euro release prices are expected to be 42 per cent lower than last year, on average.
For the full results of this year's survey, visit the Liv-ex Bordeaux 2011 Pages.