- California has the most 100-point scores awarded so far this year.
- Two more were given a “perfect” score in the Wine Advocate last week.
- Californian trade by value is 7% of the total market so far this year.
LIVE offers for US wines can be found here, there are 475+ to browse.
Our chart last week showed California is the wine region awarded the most 100-point scores so far in 2021.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW added two more to that tally last Friday (30th July), awarding both wines below a straight 100-points:
This adds to her total of perfect Californian wines scored this year, which now stands at 11 as seen in the table below:
Trade for US wines in 2021, of which California makes up 99.5%, stands at 7% of total trade by value to the end of July – up from 5.9% in the same period in 2020.
The top trading US wines (LWIN11s) of 2021 are:
- Screaming Eagle, Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Scarecrow, Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Realm Cellars, Napa Valley The Bard 2018
- Opus One, Napa Valley 2017
- Spottswoode, St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
The list extends for another 338 LWIN11s.